Friday, March 3, 2017

What's the traditional way to build a RESTful App via Laravel?

I'm going to build my first REST app via Laravel and a client side framework which I'm not sure yet (probably React or Vue.js).

I did some research about how should I build my app, and unfortunately it got me even more confused.

I've come to a conclusion that I can build my app in 2 ways:

  • Build the app in the same project. However, without Laravel Blade.
  • Separate the App to 2 projects (Front and Back).

On the one hand, the pros of building the app on the same project:

On the other hand, the pros of building the app separated from Front to Back:

  • Each side has its own single responsibility and can be refactored easily.
  • As I heard it from my friends, it's more convenient (even tho for me it sounds too complex).

I wanted to know what is the most popular way to build a RESTful app when Laravel is being part of it. Is there another way of what I mentioned?



via Eliya Cohen

Advertisement