Tuesday, April 11, 2017

New to Laravel - Vendor directory

I followed all the steps from Laravel Installation guide.

Using Composer, the project is installed successfully on server and run like a charm.

On the installation, Composer add some dependencies in the vendor directory.

My question is: Why is there are so many dependencies for the "Hello World project". I don't understand the needs of directories. Heres the list:

  • bin
  • classpreloader
  • composer
  • d11wtq
  • filp
  • ircmaxell
  • jeremeamia
  • laravel
  • monolog
  • nesbot
  • nikic
  • paragonie
  • patchwork
  • phpseclib
  • predis
  • psr
  • stack
  • swiftmailer
  • symphony

I come from Zend development. So in the vendor directory, I was expecting only the framework Laravel, nothing else. Why would I need over 4200 files of 3rd party script.

Thanks for answering.

Carl



via SequenceDigitale.com

Advertisement