Monday, April 3, 2017

No supported encrypter found MCRYPT_RIJNDEAL_128

I have been working on this project and just pulled the latest version from GIT. The cipher in the config/app.php has been modified to MCRYPT_RIJNDEAL_128. Before loading the page I executed the following commands:

php artisan key:generate
php artisan config:clear
php artisan cache:clear

But this still returned the error:

RuntimeException in EncryptionServiceProvider.php line 29:
No supported encrypter found. The cipher and / or key length are invalid.

I have tried modifying the 'cipher' => MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128, to 'cipher' => 'MCRYPT_RIJNDAEL_128', but no luck yet... Could someone help me figure out what the problem is? The laravel application is 5.1 and I am working with Laravel/Homestead which is Ubuntu 16.04



via Anna Jeanine

Advertisement