Wednesday, April 12, 2017

What does this Composer installation warning message mean?

I am trying to get the Laravel framework set up and I am running into the following warning message while installing Composer.

My current MacOS version is 10.11.4 (15E65)

The OpenSSL library (0.9.8zc) used by PHP does not support TLSv1.2 or TLSv1.1. If possible you should upgrade OpenSSL to version 1.0.1 or above.

When I type in the following in my terminal to check the version of OpenSSL, I get:

MBP:~ r_p$ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2k  26 Jan 2017

and when I try to locate the program file, I get the following:

MBP:~ r_p$ which openssl
/Users/rahul_padmanabhan/anaconda/bin/openssl

I'm not sure if this is related but I'm not able to change the php path variable so that the version shows up as 7.1 and not 5.5 (default).

I was wondering if anyone might know what this warning message might mean considering that I do have a higher version of OpenSSL?



via RHP

Advertisement