Thursday, April 13, 2017

Input Facade stopped Functioning in 5.2

I've gone ahead and upgraded Laravel 5.1 to 5.2, and while working through the typical upgrade bugs, I've ran into a rather peculiar one. While I do have the Input facade correctly regiestered in my app config:

        'Input'     => Illuminate\Support\Facades\Input::class,

I find that, whenever I attempt to run it, I get absolutely nothing from it (though no other error). I.E. var_dump(Input::all()); returns an empty array, while $request->all() returns the variable that I was expecting to be passed. I could change everything from Input to Request, but as the project is rather large, it's a little unrealistic. Any idea as to why Input is no longer working for me?

It might be worth noting that this was originally a 4.2 application way back in the day, and I've gone through and upgraded it since. 5.0 was a nightmare, but I eventually soldiered through it - 5.1 had problems, but it's been functional for well over a year. Now I'm on 5.2 and I can't quite figure out what is happening here.



via Weasler

Advertisement