Tuesday, May 23, 2017

CSS not working in laravel

I'm using Laravel to create a web application. So I created a header.css file and it is in public/assets/css/header.css. What I am trying to do is just style the header, but it isn't working.

In my default.blade.php I have

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
    @include('includes.head')
</head>
<body>

        @include('includes.header')

    <div id="main" class="row">

            @yield('content')

    </div>

    <footer class="row">
        @include('includes.footer')
    </footer>

</div>
</body>
</html>

My head.blade.php includes the link for the external stylesheet and it is

<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="description" content="blah blah.">
<meta name="author" content="Hunter Marshall">

<title>Elite Training Pro</title>

<!-- load bootstrap from a cdn -->
<!--<link rel="stylesheet" href="//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/twitter-bootstrap/3.0.3/css/bootstrap-combined.min.css">-->

<!-- Latest compiled and minified CSS -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/css/bootstrap.min.css">

<!-- jQuery library -->
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

<!-- Latest compiled JavaScript -->
<script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.3.7/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

<link media="all" type="text/css" rel="stylesheets" href=""></link>

My header.blade.php is

<div class="navbar nav-background">
    <div class="navbar-inner">
        <a id="logo" href="/">Elite Training Pro</a>
        <ul class="nav">
            <li><a href="/">Home</a></li>
            <li><a href="/about">About</a></li>
            <li><a href="/projects">Projects</a></li>
            <li><a href="/contact">Contact</a></li>
        </ul>
    </div>
</div>

My header.css is

.nav-background {
    background-color:green;
}

Now I've tried HTML::style(), just assets(), HTML::to() but nothing seems to work. I can see the link to the stylesheet in my head when I look at the source code, but there is no background color. I also don't see the file in the inspect source.



via hjcoder18

Advertisement