Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Laravel Passport Get Client ID By Access Token

I'm writing a tiny sms gateway to be consumed by a couple of projects,

I implemented laravel passport authentication (client credentials grant token)

Then I've added CheckClientCredentials to api middleware group:

protected $middlewareGroups = [
    'web' => [
       ...
    ],

    'api' => [
        'throttle:60,1',
        'bindings',
        \Laravel\Passport\Http\Middleware\CheckClientCredentials::class
    ],
];

The logic is working fine, now in my controller I need to get client associated with a valid token.

routes.php

Route::post('/sms', function(Request $request) {
    // save the sms along with the client id and send it

    $client_id = ''; // get the client id somehow

    sendSms($request->text, $request->to, $client_id);
});

For obvious security reasons I can never send the client id with the consumer request e.g. $client_id = $request->client_id;.



via Mohammad Walid

Advertisement