Tuesday, May 23, 2017

ErrorException in helpers.php line 533:

I'm making a contact form with laravel 5.4 and I want to get an email when someone sends the contact form. I'm using Mailtrap to receive emails.

The problem I'm getting is that I get this error when I submit the form.

ErrorException in helpers.php line 533: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given (View: C:\xampp\htdocs\website\app\Modules\Templates\Resources\Views\emails\contact.blade.php)

My contact function

public function contact()
{
    $data = Input::all();

    $rules = array(
        'name' => '',
        'email' => '',
        'message' => '',
    );

    $validator = Validator::make($data, $rules);

    if($validator->passes())
    {
        Mail::send('templates::emails.contact', $data, function($message){
            $message->from(Input::get('email'), Input::get('name'));
            $message->to('info@site.com', 'Info')->subject('Testing contact form');
        });

        Session::flash('success', 'Your message has been sent successfully.');
        return back();
    }else{
        return back()->withErrors($validator);
    }
}

and my contact.blade.php that is the information that gets sent to me

<h1>We been contacted by.... </h1>

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />



via Shiva478

Advertisement