Friday, March 10, 2017

Can I use `vagrant box update` while already having the machine running by `vagrant up`?

I have some projects in Laravel, and when I have to give some maintenance to them, sometimes when I run vagrant up, it warns me up that I have a newer version of the laravel box, homestead, like the message below:

A newer version of the box 'laravel/homestead' is available! You currently
have version '1.1.0'. The latest is version '2.0.0'. Run
`vagrant box update` to update.

My question is, always when I run vagrant box update, it tooks like a decade to download the newer version of the box, because it seems like the hashicorp's servers are not too good enough to handle...

Having that in mind, can I give maintenance to my project while putting the machine up, and in parallel, also update the box? I really don't understand if that's really possible, or how could this impact the things.

Thank you very much, I hope to ask a question other users also have.



via giovannipds

Advertisement