Friday, March 31, 2017

WordPress + Facebook login to sign up subscribers: Is this a good idea?

I have a website that users could register to save some preferences and I'm planning to use Facebook login to make the sign up / sign in easier.

Problem is: It does not seem to be an easy task to manage users that came from Facebook by hand. Mainly because I want the default WordPress admin area decoupled from the "common" users and I would like to store some information about the user into database which I don't know if fits WordPress patterns.

Is there some plugin or methodology that helps with this management? Is this even a good idea?

I'm experienced doing this really easely with Laravel, but WordPress admin interface and post structure would help a lot to manage the site's content.



via juniorgarcia

Advertisement