Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Laravel and ChartJS - Trying to get count of array

I am trying to create a chart from my MySQL db for use in Laravel.

To test the chart, I put in an array like [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] and it works perfectly. But when I try to grab data from my db, it doesn't work. I have a db with the following fields:

id  
project  
stage  
status  
timestamps

What I am trying to show in my chart are the number of projects in each stage. So the stages are:

Waiting to Start  
In Progress  
Waiting for Information  
Pre-Launch  
Launched

My query is the following:

$total = Project::all()->groupBy('stage')->count('stage');

That does not work. I've tried a couple other queries but not sure how to get the number of projects in each stage and output that to an array.

Thank you for your help.



via robk27

Advertisement