Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Laravel multi database with one DB storing users

I have an standard Laravel application I built for a company. I am now making this into a SAAS model but curious the best setup. I know for sure I would want each company to have its own DB for security, easier ability to get specific client data and since these are all competing companies it might just be a nicer selling point.

My issue is how I can set up a but of DBs and sub domains to point to their specific DB and application set up but I dont really want 100 sub domains and for an iOS application I need one single user auth portal.

Is there a specific way to have a db that holds all the laravel users and on login it gives them to their specific DB? Basically I just need one portal (auth location).

I know this is generic but not sure where to even post this or what to search for.

Setup:

user db (standard laravel setup)

User | Password Reset | Migrations | Roles

company a db

accounts | routes

company b db

accounts | routes



via Packy

Advertisement