Wednesday, March 1, 2017

'laravel/homstead' could not be found after 'vagrant up'

I am attempting to get a VM instance launched via Vagrant using the laravel/homstead box. I have installed Vagrant and Virtualbox, and my C++ redistributables as you must, and have already created my Homestead folder in C:/~Homestead.

I have initialized Homestead using git-bash by running 'bash init.bash', and I have properly configured my homstead.yaml to meet my config (this is basic stuff).

I also have already run 'vagrant box add laravel/homestead', which downloaded the latest homestead box to my system.

When I attempt to run 'vagrant up', vagrant complains that it cannot find my homestead box, even though it lists my box when I run the cmd 'vagrant box list'.

I cannot figure out what I have done wrong here, as I have followed the instructions on the Laravel site verbatim. I also have already found a Stackoverflow question that matches my problem, but it appears that the other problem involved a bad metadata.json. This does not appear to be my issue. Check out this screenshot I took, that should help a lot in figuring out what I have done wrong.

I rarely use Stackoverflow because I know that people repeat basic issues, but I feel I have done something that others may be doing wrong, as I am no newb when it comes to this matter. Thanks for the help!

screenshot showing vagrant error




via Colin Laws

Advertisement