Friday, March 3, 2017

What's the traditional way to build a RESTful App via Laravel?

I'm going to build my first REST app via Laravel, so I did some research about how should I build my app, and unfortunately it got me even more confused.

I've come to a conclusion that I can build my app in 2 ways:

  • Build the app in the same project. However, without Laravel Blade.
  • Separate the App to 2 projects (Front and Back).

On the one hand, the pros of building the app on the same project:

On the other hand, the pros of building the app separated from Front to Back:

  • Each side has its own single responsibility and can be refactored easily.
  • As I heard it from my friends, it's more convenient (even tho for me it sounds too complex).

I'm still not sure on which Framework I'm going to use on my Front side. Probably gonna be Angular or Vue.js.

I wanted to know what is the most popular way to build a RESTful app when Laravel is being part of it. Is there another way of what I mentioned?



via Eliya Cohen

Advertisement